It"s LOADED - ahaha *sigh*

welcome to this amazing - wonderful blog of mine...it is filled with odd things that I like and hate and love and wish never existed... PEACE

Saturday 21 April 2007

get ya srub ON!


It's probably very, VERY obvious by now that - I love scrubs.


Scrubs, scrubs, scrubs - where would I be now if it weren't for scrubs!!! Actually where would I be, or who would I be without The Simpsons, Family Guy, Blackadder, Monty Python, Bottom, Red Dwarf, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ring Raiders, Dino Riders, Puddle Lane, The Smurfs, Barbie, Quantum Leap, Super Ted, Fantastic Max, Card Captors, SAILOR MOON!!!, DragonBall Z, tekno man, Justice League, Power Rangers, Teen Titans, Sherlock Holmes, Murder Rooms, Harvey Bird-man, Attorney at Law(spelt wrong-keep it to yourself), Inspector Morse, Buffy, Angel, Murder She Wrote, The Wuzzles, The Snorks, Scooby-doo, The Gummy Bears, Big wolf on campus, Star-trek, GI-Jo, X-men, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Who's Line is it Anyway?, Keeping up Appearances, Highlander...etc.


So many shows - so many episodes, series, seasons, spin-offs and what have you...and the thing that keeps me living at the moment would have to be SCRUBS...even though - I'd give my collection of odd socks to have several box sets of the above - some would be hard to find - but mainly it'd me DOWN RIGHT EXPENSIVE...but this blog isn't about the other series...its just about how Scrubs helps me today.

Scrubs and I go way back to its premier in Australia several years ago (maybe 5?) - I remember seeing the advert....and thinking - that guy running into that glass hospital door is quite the loooooker *insert wink here*.


UNFORTUNATELY I missed the premier...and happened to fall upon a screening late 2004-it was September I believe. Purely by mistake. I became quite attached to the show - amazed at the fact that J.D. (Zach Braff) reminded me so much of my former bf - and the funny moments and scenarios we played out in our mind...(probably should have stayed with him - hahaha..ahem!) anyway...I got instantly HOOKED - hooked being a key word!


The things I love about Scrubs...well I love how the directors try different angles, shots various aspects and how they think about new and unique ways of shooting certain scenes that seperates them from the rest - how they try and not make it appear identical to that last episode where that other dude died on that gurney.


*I admire the set designers - and how they can convert a real hospital into a functioning set.

*I love how the actors can play a variety of roles - whether that be under drama, comedy or romance...


Every episode - to me at least - is a new experience - and at the moment I cherish this show - its pulled me out of some frustrating moments, started friendships, extended relationships, strengthened my desire to work in design and just made me laugh when I was down.


I want to share that with you guys - (I didn't do this initially to put in this blog btw) I started a quote page- just in word - with my fave funny lines from the shows first season, disc one...


(sorry if there is a lot! - and yes I WROTE THEM...i didn't copy and paste them from some website!)


episode one:


  • “I'm a tool, im a tool, I'm a tool tool tool, and unbelievably annoying tool...” - Geoffery

  • “What about his subcnocious?” - JD
    “Eisenhower was a sissy...I think by the grace of god – we’re gunna be ok!”- Dr. Cox

  • “I’m watching you” The janitor, ep one

epsiode two:




  • “how’s it goin?” - J.D.
    “I'm 37 years old and I'm a janitor... how do you think its goin?!”
    “Now, there is nothing wrong with being a janitor...”
    “Really, thank you...you’ve turned my life around, im gunna have to tell my janitor wife and all our janitor kids that life is worth living...and that comes straight from our hero – dr whosits, dr nothing - no seriously,come on - you can come over to my humble house and point out things that are cheap” – janitor

  • “It's your attention to detail that impresses me most" - Dr. Cox

  • “you do what ever you want” - Dr. Cox
    *means: great idea* - J.D.s thoughts
    “Im just happy you haven’t messed up yet today”
    *means: you’re really coming along as a doctor*
    “don’t ever touch me!”
    *means: don’t ever touch him*

  • “I heard - 'I know I’m being annoying' – and then white noise” - Dr. Cox

  • “...so there’s a bunch of reasons – pick your favourite!” - Carla to Turk
    “I’d go with the god complex...but its hard to chose they are all so good” - JD to Turk

  • “...I always thought needing ppl was a sign of weakness”- Dr. Cox to J.D.
    “It's not” - J.D.
    “Would you stay - and watch the game with me and maybe have a slice of pizza”
    “Of course I will”
    “I can braid your hair...now I know the couch isn’t very deep, but if we move the back cushion and spoon.....hey you guys - what do you say beer chips in the back, just ignore them...now would you tell me the answer to this question - would you like to be the big spoon or the little spoon” - Dr. Cox to J.D.

  • “I can’t believe your head exploded...if your head explodes – you’ll never make it as a doctor!” - Dr. Cox

Episode Three:



  • “You seem unhappy – I like that” - Janitor

  • “I think we both know there’s more to it than that.” Elliot to Dr.Cox
    “No, no there’s not. Look I want you to go ahead and spread the word missy. I’ve – had – enough. The next whiney intern that comes in here looking to me for a cookie and a hug, I swear to Eisha - I am going to hurt them.
    And you you neurotic one woman freekshow. Take your blah-blah to the blah blah-oligist because if you are so stupid as to confront the chief of medicine over some pauser offensive endearment then you’ve just got to go ahead and replace the captain of your brainship, cause he is drunk at the wheel...” - Dr cox back to elliot
    “You’re right, I need to learn to pick my battles – thank you sir” - Elliot

Episode Four:



  • “I win” - Death to J.D.
    “Where? I don’t see”
    “Here, diagonally”
    “Pretty sneak death” J.D back to Death

Episode Five:




  • “Guys we need an answer - name one thing guys wanna see more in the whole wide world?” - Presenter on Family Feud
    “okay – uh loius - we’re gunna go with boobs” - J.D. to presenter
    “show me boobs * ding * there they are!”
    > BOOBS – 93
    THE ROCK - 4
    BEER SANDWICHES – 2
    WORLD PEACE – 1 <


  • “So, you’re the one that told kelso that mr. martinez was dead, that’s terrific work – * looks like word gets around * what in the name of 'are you there god – it is me, Margaret!' were you thinking?” - Dr. Cox to J.D.
    “Well I'm new here, but I’m relatively certain invasive vascular procedures have a low success rate on dead people”
    “That tips procedure was for Mrs. Blitt in 103. You see, she doesn’t have insurance... But Mr. Martinez on the other hand had great insurance. Should I talk slower or go get a nurse who speaks fluent moron?!!!” - Cox to J.D.
    “You don’t have to be mean about it?”
    “Oh jeeze newbie – what the hell do you want from me, huh?” * imagines cox and him getting along like father and son playing football in the backyard filmed by a family member * “I don’t know if they taught you this in the land of fairies and puppy-dog tails, where obviously, if not grew up, then spent most of your summers – but you’re in the real world now ----nnnkay!!!!” - Cox to J.D. >cox walks off< * Don’t say it *
    “I still think I was right!" - J.D.
    * once every 6.3 seconds man says something stupid that another man hears and punishes him for - luckly this wasn’t one of those... * J.D thinking
    “that’s it! * ...oh no * you, know what this is – this is me washing my hands of you....I will not be in the same room with you again, starting >Cox walks out of room<>


  • * It felt weird knowing Dr. Cox and I would never be in the same room again *
    >Dr. Cox walks in < “check her LFTS and coags for me” -Dr. Cox to Carla “yeah, sure” * Every time I think something, the opposite happens. I am so not having sex this weekend! *
    “You’re cute!” - a larger, older woman to J.D.

Episode Six:




  • “...but then my dad says a lot of things” - Elliot to patient who is a ‘shrink’ who has his jaw wired shut
    “Did anyone page a nurse?” - Nurse to Elliot
    “no..”
    >patients nodding behind her back< “It looks like his eyes are screaming!!” Nurse “Please, we’re talking!”


  • * oh no * - J.D. thinking
    “hello Jordan!” Dr. Cox to his ex-wife
    * oh no, no *
    “Perry” - Jordan
    “ Perry?!”
    “You never heard that!” - Cox
    * I never heard that. I'm not here and I don’t have your ex-wifes bite mark on my neck!!!! *
    “Don’t look her in the eyes newbie, she’ll steal your soul. So how are things going down in the underworld...” - Cox


  • “You’re ex-wife – she’s the answer” - J.D. to Cox
    “Ahh, things that ruined my life, things that took half my money, things with sharp edges..."
    “Come on, she’s on the board – deep down I’m sure shes a reasonable person...not that I know her that well or at all, or have ever been alone with her...but im sure if you just-”
    “no”
    “-asked”
    “im gunna go ahead and do this just as slowly as possible so you don’t misunderstand...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Cox >shaking his head slowly<


  • * there are other ways of saving Dr. Coxes job. I could try talking to Dr. Kelso >Close up of Dr. kelso laughing< * Dr cox could get extensive plastic surgery to look like Jimmie Walker *
    “This guys gunna need 30mEQs of KCL” - Dr.Cox/Jimmie Walker
    * or I could just ask Jimmie Walker to talk to Dr. Kelso *
    “Your man Cox is the best. I know he’s got an unorthodox way of doing things, but all the innovators do. Now everybody deserves a second chance. Am I right?!”
    “Who are you?!” - Kelso

Epsiode Seven - the LAST ONE I SWEAR!:



  • “And why would Turk talk to Elliot about this and not me anyway? There not even friends – know what I mean?” - Carla to Cox
    “After 25 minutes, the only way I could know what you mean more is if I wrote 'my boyfriend doesn’t open up to me' on a big wooden mallet and repeatedly smashed me over the head with it.” - Cox

  • “You know Elliots not going to get overwhelmed anymore!”
    > Laverne walks off laughing< “She’s been drinking” J.D. whispers

DONE...I swear....

HOPE THATS ENOUGH PROOF - if you stuck out and read that...I'm very proud of you!


check out the official website here

xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely slash creepy slash too much time on hands
telescope love matt